Welfare Service Standards
Birmingham Irish Association provides a free, non-judgemental and confidential service to all communities within and outside Birmingham. We aim to provide the best possible service and will work in partnership with other organisations to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
What you can expect from us is that we will:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Deal with your enquiry in a timely manner and prioritise cases which are deemed as emergencies
- Aim to ensure that you wait no longer than 10 working days after your first contact to see an advisor
- Aim to see you within 10 minutes of your appointment time
- Respond to your telephone messages, letters, emails and text messages within 3 working days for open cases and 6 working days for new or reopening cases
- Meet with you at Birmingham Irish Association’s offices or your home, if required. If this is not possible we will provide advice either by telephone, letter or email
- Refer or signpost you to another organisation that may be able to assist you, if we are unable to help
- Not discuss your case with any 3rd party unless we have written consent from you (unless required to do so by law) in line with our confidentiality policy
If we cannot meet these expectations we will provide you with an explanation as to why.
*Copies of our Confidentiality Policy are available at BIAs offices.
What we expect from our clients is that they will:
- Treat our staff and volunteers with respect at all times
- Attend and be on time for any appointments or let us know that they will be late (this may result in having to reschedule the appointment)
- Keep us up-to-date with their case and with their personal contact details
- Make contact with us in a timely manner so that we can provide appropriate advice
Compliments, comments and complaints
We are always working towards improving the service we offer to you and we welcome suggestions and comments. We hope you will never have a cause to complain, but if you do please contact the welfare staff. If your complaint is about a specific staff member, please contact Noelette Hanley, Chief Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Birmingham Irish, 45 Alcester Street, Birmingham, B12 0PH. To obtain a copy of our compliments, comments and complaints leaflet please ask at reception or call us on 0121 604 6662.